Pesquisar este blog

segunda-feira, 19 de julho de 2010

This Charming Man


De volta pra casa começo a página 131 do livro. Título: ‘Grace’. Ela inicia a relação com Damien. Page 147: “It was tem years since I’d met Damien, .... I noticed him at the airport check-in queue. ... I felt like I’d had a blow to the head. … Right away I knew he’d be choosy. Tricky even. I knew he’d put up a fight. Up until then I’d never understood those women who thought so little of themselves that they fell in love only with emotionally unavailable men. Now look at me..” bla, bla, bla.
E quem é que disse que há explicações para a paixão, por quem você se interessa e se apaixona. Page 151: “... At the airport taxi rank, it was no surprise that He didn’t ask for my number. And I didn’t ask for his because after ten days of getting nowhere, I’d got the message.” Page 152: “I was feeling a bit drunk, a bit dangerous and a bit angry, even though it wasn’t his fault that he didn’t fancy me.”
Depois de reclamar de sua sorte ela acaba descobrindo que o cara esta sim à fim dela. Ela está boqueaberta: “But if you were ... interested... you are interested, aren’t you? I’m not making a big fool of myself here, am I” – “No” – “No?” – “No, you’re not making a fool of yourself. Yes, I am interested.” …. Was this really happening? “So why didn’t you let me know?” – “ … I wasn’t sure. You were friendly, but you’re friendly to everyone… I’ve been out of the game a long time.” …..

Nenhum comentário: